Best IBPS SO Books 2020: Banking is a lucrative sector this is why many youngsters want to have their careers in this sector. In recent years the popularity of jobs in a bank has increased dramatically. Check below Best IBPS SO Books 2020.
Most of the young people are busy in their preparation for clearing the banking exam. In this article, we will tell you about the most important yet most ignorant part of the IBPS PO bank exam preparation and it is Books.
In banks, different types of jobs are available like a Probation officer, Clerk, and Special Officer, etc. Banks recruit suitable candidates on the aforesaid posts through IBPS and other exams.
IBPS recruitment exam is one of the most popular exams to get a job in the banking sector. If you are preparing for the bank recruitment examination then you cannot ignore the importance of books in it. In this article, we will cover the topic of the Best IBPS SO Books 2020.
- 1 IBPS SO Recruitment Exam
- 2 Best IBPS SO Books for Preparation
IBPS SO Recruitment Exam
IBPS conducts the recruitment exam to recruit Special Officers in various banks. These special officers handle different operations in the bank. To get the job of a Special officer one needs to have a high level of proficiencies and qualifications in their field. Here are the posts that are to be filed with the special officer recruitment exam.
|Information Technology||Scale I Officer|
|Agriculture||Scale I Officer|
|Rajbhasha(National Language)||Scale I Officer|
|Law||Scale I Officer|
|Human Resources/Personnel||Scale I Officer|
|Marketing||Scale I Officer|
Tips To Choose Best Books for IBPS SO Exam Preparation
Aspirants need to have the specific educational qualification to apply for the different posts of SO. The competition is usually high in the recruitment exam of IBPS SO. So you need to have proper preparation along with the correct study material. In the market, you will find plenty of books from all new and old publishers.
Finding out the best book for your preparation for IBPS SO exam is not an easy job. So you must know about a few tips that can help you to choose the best study material for your preparation for this prestigious exam.
If somehow you are not aware of the tips of choosing the best books for your prep ration then here we have compiled some for you.
- You must be aware of the latest syllabus of the IBPS SO exam so that you can check the content page of the book to find out whether it covers all the topics of the syllabus or not.
- Always go book for the latest edition of the book as old editions are not based on the new syllabus.
- Read the book randomly to check the level of its language. Always prefer a book with moderate language as a book with a very easy language will not help you much in the exam.
- Do not do the experiments by purchasing new books as the books from famous writers are written after research and they get rechecked again and again. In short, books from famous writers have fewer errors and they are more reliable.
- The book you want to buy for your preparation of IBPS SO exam must have the sample papers inclusive in it. The sample paper helps the aspirants to understand the exam pattern. The paper from previous years in a book is an add on advantage.
- If you are taking classes from some coaching center then you can ask your trainer to suggest some books and follow their advice too.
Exam Patterns For IBPS SO Exam
Before choosing the best book here have a look at the IBPS SO Exam Pattern. Once you will get to know about the exam pattern and the topic from which the questions will be asked then it will become easy for you to shortlist a book for your preparation for the exam. The exam for the recruitment of specialist officer is conducted in two phases;
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
First, the candidate will have to appear in the prelim exam, and based on the result of this exam they will have to take the main examination. So the candidates need the books for the preparation of Prelim and the Mains examination. To clear the exam the aspirants will have to prepare the following topics;
- General Awareness with special reference to the banking industry
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Computer Knowledge
Along with these topics they will have to be proficient in their major subject. The recruitment of SO is done in Information Technology, Agriculture, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law, Human Resources/Personnel, and Marketing.
Best IBPS SO Books for Preparation
Here have a look at the best books for IBPS SO preparation. These books are the key source for your preparation for this exam. If you have the best study material then it will become easy for you to clear the exam.
Best Reasoning Books for IBPS SO
The reasoning is a comparatively easy subject to score more marks. To get more marks in this subject you will have to understand its basics. When you choose a book of reasoning then always go for the famous publisher and writer. Here is the list of best books for the preparation of Reasoning for IBPS SO exam.
- Analytical Reasoning (BSC Publication) by M K Pandey
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal 1st Edition BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning written by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition R. S. Aggarwal
Best Quantitative Aptitude Books for IBPS SO
Many aspirants find QA a difficult topic but the fact is when you understand its basics then it becomes an interesting topic. The more you practice this subject the more proficient you will become. Here is the best study material for the preparation of this topic.
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths 3 Edition M Tyra
- Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency from Ananta Ashisha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations 17th Edition R. S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude Test N. K. Singh
Best General English Books for IBPS SO
Here is the list of best books that can help you in your preparation for the English part of the IBPS SO recruitment exam.
- Objective English Latest Edition Edgar Thorpe
- Objective General English 22nd Edition R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective General English S P Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy Norman Lewis
- Objective English Hari Mohan Prasad and U.R.Sinha
Best Professional Knowledge Books for IBPS SO
As we mentioned earlier that to be a Special Officer in the banks that recruit the candidates through IBPS one must be proficient in his/her major subject. Here is the list of books that can help you in your preparation for IBPS SO exam.
- A computer for Competitive Exams: Fundamental of Computer with MCQs: Fundamentals of Computer with Multiple Choice Questions 1st Edition RPH Editorial Board
- IBPS Specialist Officers I.T. Officers CWE SPL for IT Officer (Scale-1) & IT Officer (Scale-2) Pratiyogita Kiran
- Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams 1st Edition R Pillai
- CWE – IBPS Bank – IT Specialist Officer Exam Chandresh Aggrawal
Best IBPS SO Books 2020 For Major Subjects
Here is the list of major subjects for which banks take the SO on board. Choose the books as per your respective subjects;
- Marketing Specialist Exam book by Upkar Prakashan
- Principles of Marketing by Kavita Sharma
- Bank HR Specialist book by Kiran Prakashan
- Upkar Prakashan’s Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna
- Rajbhasha Adhikari Guide by R.Gupta
- IBPS Specialist Officer CWE LAW Officer Online Exam Practice Work Book by Kiran Prakashan
- NCERT Science Textbooks: Classes VI-IX
- Agriculture Field Officer by R.Gupta
- Objective Computer Knowledge by R Pillai
- Data Communications and Networking by Behrouz. A Forouzan
The Bottom Line
The article has the complete information about the best books for the preparation of IBPS SO exam. In case of any further query in this regard, you can write to us in the comment box below.