Best SSC CGL books for preparation 2020: If you are preparing for the SSC exam then you must rely on the best SSC books. So here we are to help you with the SSC CGL Books 2020. Read on to know more about the best books for SSC CGL Preparation.
Your study material plays an important role in your success in this competitive exam. Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam to recruit the candidates in Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, offices and departments. Every year lakhs of job seekers apply for the SSC jobs and to clear the competitive exam to get a job is not a cakewalk.
When you prepare for any exam whether it’s competitive or educational, the source of study material plays an important role in preparation.
- 1 SSC CGL Examination
- 2 Best SSC CGL Books 2020
- 3 SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
- 4 Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
SSC CGL Examination
We all know the love for Government jobs in India and you can get it only by clearing the competitive exams like SSC and others. This is the reason that number of applicants is always high in competitive exams. When the competitors are more the competition becomes tough and the only way to clear it is to prepare for the exam from the best study material.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam. This exam is conducted for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in Government Ministries, and Offices. As shown by the name SSC CGL exam is a graduate-level exam.
The difficulty level of this exam is easy to moderate. In the market, various books and study material is available to prepare for the exam. Here we will talk about the best study material to prepare for this examination.
If you are preparing for the SSC CGL exam then you must know about the SSC CGL Books. But before going through the Best books for SSC CGL preparation you must know the syllabus for SSC CGL and the exam pattern for this competitive examination.
Once you will get a clear understanding of the syllabus then it becomes easy to choose the best book for your preparation. In this article, we have compiled a list of best SSC CGL Books. These books are best for SSC CGL preparations 2019–2020, so have a look at the books mentioned in this article and plan your preparation well.
Best SSC CGL Books 2020
Before moving further to get to know about the detailed list of SSC CGL books, let’s have an overview of SSC CGL 2019-20.
|Article Category||Best Books for Exam Preparation|
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Examination||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Selection Stages||Four (Tier I, II, III & IV)|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Number of Posts||34|
|Exam Languages||English & Hindi|
How to select the best books to prepare for SSC CGL
SSC CGL has become a popular competitive exam and now many job seekers are preparing to clear this exam. On clearing this examination the applicants get reputed posts so the availability of study material to prepare this exam is huge. In market and online different kind of books and study material is available so it is difficult to choose the best among them. Here we have mentioned some basic rules that you can keep in mind while selecting a book for you.
As there is an abundance of books available in the market and every book claims to be the best one. So it’s obvious to get confused to decide which one to buy. Here are some basic rules that can help you to select the best books for your preparation for the competitive exam of the SSC CGL exam.
- The book must cover the complete syllabus of the competitive examination.
- The study material given in the book must follow the latest exam pattern of the competitive exam.
- The SSC CGL Exam preparation book must contain detailed solutions to the questions asked in the books.
- Do not prefer a book contains the study material of all the exam topics and go for one or two books at most for a subject.
- Read the first few pages of the book you want to but before finalizing it. This will help you to understand the language used in the book.
- Always read the content page to check if the book has covered all the topics mentioned in the syllabus of SSC CGL examination.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
Before getting to know about the best books for SSC CGL exam preparation first have a look at the exam pattern of this competitive exam and then we will tell you about the best books for different subjects for the exam.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
Here we have compiled the best books for the preparation of different subjects as asked in the competitive exam of SSC CGL.
Best SSC CGL Reasoning Books
The reasoning is one of the most scoring topics in the SSC CGL examination. To score well in this subject you will have to understand the logic of this subject. Here are the best books to prepare for the reasoning section:
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
SSC CGL Books For General Awareness
The syllabus of General Awareness is vast and to prepare it you will have to take help from the newspaper along with the following books;
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- Manorama Yearbook 2020 (English/ Hindi)
- India 2020 (English/ Hindi)
- Competition Success Review
- Current Affairs From Monthly Magazine and Newspapers
Best SSC CGL Books For Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude is also one of the most scoring subjects in competitive examination. To score more marks in this subject you will have to clear the basic techniques to solve the questions. It is suggested to the applicants not to follow the short cuts as they don’t give the right answer always. Do more practice of this subject to increase your writing speed and to get command over this subject. Here are the best books to prepare for SSC CGL exam for QA;
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)
- Arihant Publications – Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Mathematics Class 11th and 12th y R.D. Sharma
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication
Best SSC CGL English Books
To score more marks in English you will have to understand the basic idea of English. Grammar is another topic that should be strong to score good marks in English. Here is the list of best books of English that will help you to score good marks in SSC CGL exam;
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
- Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan
The Bottom Line
The article has detailed information about the best books for the preparation of SSC CGL exam. Do not forget your study material plays an important role in your preparation. All the SSC books mentioned here are based on the suggestion of the teachers and toppers of previous years.